Jane has been a practising solicitor for over 20 years specialising in Real Estate law with a focus on leasing in the commercial, retail, industrial, education and government sectors in all Australian jurisdictions. Jane has a focus on corporate occupier work, acting for commercial tenants in major lease transactions including head office relocations, purpose built industrial premises, distribution centres and data centres.
Jane has also managed high volume lease portfolios for retail tenants (Australia wide) including all aspects of the lease transaction, advice regarding disputes, repair, redevelopments, relocation and disposals/acquisitions/change in control as well as the provision of strategic legal advice at CEO/Board level. Jane also has extensive experience in the Real Estate aspects of M&A deals, including due diligence, SPA drafting, assignment/change in control, new lease deals and freehold acquisitions/disposals.
Jane has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Real Property Law and Leasing Law every year since 2016 and is noted the 2018 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Jane is a long standing member of both the Victorian Commercial & Corporate Real Estate Committee of the Property Council of Australia and the Law Council of Australia’s Australian Law Property Law Group, Victorian Committee.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in connection with a significant agreement for lease and lease in CBD Sydney with a major institutional landlord.
- Acted for a global snack foods manufacturer in the preparation and negotiation of agreement for Lease and lease documentation for the development and leasing of a major purpose built industrial/warehousing site in Melbourne.
- Representing a global co-working space provider in the negotiation of significant leases in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Acted for various corporations in head office relocations (new agreement for lease and lease documentation as well as surrender and make good negotiations on existing sites) including Mondelez, Woods Bagot, Medibank, American International Group, Berkley Insurance, Dentsu Aegis.
- Acting for HSBC in connection with its national portfolio of retail banks
- Acting for Country Road Group on a long term basis in connection with its national retail portfolio (Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, Politix) as well as head office lease arrangements, including preparing standard form documents, offers to lease, negotiations guides and minimum lease requirements.
- Advising Medibank on all the lease work for their national retail portfolio, from negotiating the deals through to execution and lease registration.
- Acting for Pepkor Group which operates the Best & Less stores in Australia. Jane has advised on all aspects of its national lease portfolio, which also includes the Mozi brand Harris Scarfe chain stores as well as Pepkor’s head office and administrative accommodation and distribution centres. Jane has also had separate appointments to act for Pepkor in the real estate aspects of M&A activity by the group.
- Advising the State of Victoria, acting though Victoria Police, in connection with a market led proposal to deliver new police headquarters in Spencer Street, Melbourne by way of lease. This on-going project has involved the review and negotiation of agreement for lease, lease and ancillary documentation and agreements for sub-lease, provision of advice during the construction phase and asset ownership changes, liaison with Department of Treasury and Finance and strategic advice (lead partner).
- Advising the Commonwealth of Australia, acting through the National Disability Insurance Agency, on the agreement for lease and lease negotiations for the development of new office accommodation in Geelong, including provision of advice during the construction phase, liaison with Department of Human Services as co-tenant and strategic advice (lead partner).
- Advised the Victorian Government (Country Fire Authority) on real estate issues in relation to remediation works and water treatment plants.
- Providing advice to Department of Education and Training in various lease and other property matters relating to the new schools initiative and tech schools project.
Thinking | 10 Jul 2008
It appears that unlisted mortgage scheme and property scheme sectors will be the subject of increased scrutiny following the release yesterday by ASIC of consultation papers and draft disclosure guidelines in relation to disclosure by issuers of interests in unlisted mortgage schemes and unlisted property schemes.