|“Graydon Dowd leads the Hall & Wilcox commercial dispute resolution practice and offers experience not only in litigation, but also in arbitration and mediation in courts and other tribunals at all levels. Regularly praised for his approachability, commerciality and practised strategic eye, he is well known for his expertise in regulatory and directors’ duties matter.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
“Graydon Dowd of Hall & Wilcox is recommended by sources as an “approachable, very commercial, straight-talking and cost-competitive” lawyer who can be relied upon to provide an excellent service. His broad range of experience covers both litigation and ADR procedures and frequent representation of individuals alleged to have committed breaches of their directors’ duties.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
“‘Sensible, pragmatic’ group head Graydon Dowd, who has ‘a strong practice and very well rounded knowledge’ – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
Graydon leads the firm’s Litigation and dispute resolution team.
He acts on behalf of a number of national and overseas clients on large and complex commercial litigation matters and advises on all aspects of dispute resolution. He has particular expertise in contract disputes, negligence cases, regulatory matters including ASIC and ACCC investigations, coronial inquests and commissions, and product liability. He has advised clients in both the private and public sector.
Clients appreciate Graydon’s organised and commercial approach to strategic planning and the implementation of tactics which help them achieving their strategic objectives. This has resulted in a track record of resolving disputes through negotiation and mediation, providing effective and timely commercial outcomes for clients.
He represents his clients in mediations, arbitrations and contested hearings in the Federal Court, State Supreme Courts, County Court and various tribunals.
Graydon has been ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific as a Leading Lawyer in Dispute Resolution since 2015 and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in litigation and product liability litigation every year since 2016. He is also a recommended Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer in Victoria in Doyle’s Guide.
- Representing the non-executive directors of Banksia Securities Limited in the defence of a class action and related ASIC investigation and public examination hearings.
- Representing Sauber Motorsport AG team in the high profile Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings brought by a former driver in connection with the 2015 Australian F1 Grand Prix.
- Advising Ramsay Health Care Limited in a series of contractual disputes.
- Advising Mazda Australia in a series of contractual disputes.
- Advising the employees of a large finance organisation in respect of an ASIC investigation.
- Advising Marsh Australia Pty Ltd in defence of proceedings involving allegations of breach of contract, misleading and deceptive conduct, and liability under statute.
- Advising BASF Australia Limited in a series of contractual disputes and actions for recovery of customs duties.
- Advising IAG Limited in a contractual dispute.
- Advising Spotless Group Limited in a series of contractual disputes and recovery actions.
- Advising Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited in a series of contractual disputes and recovery actions.
- Assisting both parties involved in a gas-price arbitration to be counsel-assisting to an arbitral panel comprising retired High Court of Australia judges Murray Gleeson QC and Michael McHugh QC and prominent barrister, Allan Myers QC.