Grace has more than 6 years’ experience in workplace injury compensation, including claims brought pursuant to the Accident Compensation Act 1985 (Vic), Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (Vic) and Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988. She has acted for both Plaintiffs and Defendants across a range of jurisdictions. Grace prides herself on identifying key issues early. She recognises the benefit of early resolution of worker’s compensation claims and is also a passionate litigator when necessary. Grace has published articles on the Comcare scheme and regularly writes a newsletter to assist self-insured clients.
- Experience running a successful five week long Supreme Court trial.
- Experience successfully appealing a decision of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal to the Federal Court.
- Conducting serious injury applications, damages trials and statutory benefit litigation.
- Representing a self-insured client in respect of a complex claim involving multiple defendants, recovery proceedings and third parties. Ultimately, after extensive discussions with the multiple parties involved, a favourable outcome was obtained.
- Assisting a self-insured client in achieving an early settlement of a matter through extensive knowledge of the clients systems and operations, and the ability to convey that information to the Plaintiff.
Awards and recognition
Doyle’s Guide 2020Injury and Compensation Law Rising Star
30 under 30 Insurance Lawyers of the Year (Finalist) - 2020
- Law Institute of Victoria