Gabrielle is an experienced employment lawyer, advising across the full scope of employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety matters. She has experience in both litigious and non-litigious matters.
Gabrielle acts on behalf of private and public sector clients in a wide range of industries.
Gabrielle is known for adopting a practical approach which is both targeted and commercial.
- Advising on the application of employees’ post-employment obligations, including restraint of trade and breach of confidentiality.
- Advising on restructuring and redundancies, managing poor performance and misconduct and termination of employment for poor performance and misconduct.
- Drafting and advising on contracts of employment and workplace policies.
- Advising on engaging independent contractors, including drafting independent contractor agreements and providing advice as to the risks of sham contracting.
- Appearing for employers in conciliations of unfair dismissal claims and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising on compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), enterprise agreements and awards.
- Advising on the transfer of business rules under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Advising on work, health and safety issues such as workplace investigations and prosecutions.