Daisy has extensive experience within the Common Law Workers’ Compensation area. She has also acted in public liability, medical negligence and CTP cases, and has experience acting in both plaintiff and defence work.
Daisy has a special interest in litigation having conducted a number of trials in the District and Supreme Courts of Queensland, and in the Court of Appeal.
Daisy has a passion for innovation and adoption of technological advancements in the provision of legal services, with a view to drive better outcomes for the firm’s clients. She is instrumental in the refinement of the firm’s precedent suite for her area of practice and the implementation of new Case Management, Workflow and Document Automation systems.
- Acting in the trial of Giles v State of Queensland (Brisbane District Court and Court of Appeal);
- Acting in the trial of Clarricoats v J.J. Richards & Sons Pty Ltd (Rockhampton Supreme Court), which involved major liability and fraud issues. The Defendant was successful in the claim;
- Acting in the trial of Evans v Avron Investments Pty Ltd (Brisbane District Court), in which a successful outcome was obtained; and
- Successful applications for suppression orders relating to numerous fraud claims.
Awards and recognition
Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2023Leading Workers Compensation & WorkCover (Defendant) Lawyers
Smarter Law Award
Peter Atkinson Award (honourable mention in 2019; joint runner up 2020)
- Australian Insurance Lawyers Alliance
- Queensland Law Society