Daisy has extensive experience within the Common Law Workers’ Compensation area. She has also acted in public liability, product liability, medical negligence and CTP cases.
Daisy started her career as a plaintiff lawyer, this brings a different perspective to the team having acted for plaintiffs. This insight into the plaintiff experience allows Daisy to appreciate the plaintiff perspective, which assists in negotiation and resolution of appropriate claims.
Over the years Daisy has developed her skills to ensure she is adept at accurately assessing liability, quantum, apportionment and indemnity. Daisy has a special interest in litigation having conducted a number of trials in the District and Supreme Courts of Queensland.
Daisy is committed to improving file management processes to drive better outcomes for the firm’s clients. She is instrumental in the refinement of the firm’s precedent suite for her area of practice and the implementation of new Case Management, Workflow and Document Automation systems.
- Acting in the trial of Giles v State of Queensland (Brisbane District Court and Court of Appeal).
- Acting in the trial of Clarricoats v J.J. Richards & Sons Pty Ltd (Rockhampton Supreme Court), which involved major liability and fraud issues. The Defendant was successful in the claim.
- Acting in the trial of Evans v Avron Investments Pty Ltd (Brisbane District Court), in which a successful outcome was obtained.
- Successful applications for suppression orders relating to numerous fraud claims.
- Australian Insurance Lawyers Alliance
- Queensland Law Society