Charles specialises in insurance litigation, working with insurers to defend compulsory third party claims. He often deals with claims involving complex issues in relation to liability, quantum, credit or fraud.
He has appeared in the NSW District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Charles also enjoys pro bono work and spends time giving legal advice to homeless people, disability support pension applicants and Afghan refugees.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Charles worked in-house for an insurer in its compulsory third party department and worked notably as a technical specialist in the team implementing the Motor Accident Injury Act 2017. Charles has expertise in delivering sound commercial outcomes for our insurer clients under both the MAC Act and the MAI Act.
- Providing advice on a wide range of both liability and quantum issues in compulsory third party insurance.
- Conducting settlement conferences.
- Instructing Counsel at hearings.
- Advising on claims involving soft and hard fraud in personal injury matters.
- Managing catastrophic injury claims involving claimants in the Lifetime Care and Support scheme.
- Multiple successes in managing complex medical assessment disputes before the Medical Assessment Service or the Personal Injury Commission.
- Member, NSW Law Society