Bridget is an experienced insurance and litigation lawyer who has acted for leading Australian and international insurers and underwriters. Her expertise includes professional indemnity (including solicitors, accountants, real estate agents and insurance broker professionals) medical malpractice, public liability, D&O and property damage.
Bridget has experience practicing law and dispute resolution in multiple states of Australia. She has appeared on behalf of clients in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of Tasmania as well as the Supreme and District Court of Queensland.
Bridget is a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA), the Australian Professional Indemnity Group and the Australian Legal Sector Alliance.
- Acting on behalf of health care professionals and their insurers in civil claims for damages, professional conduct matters, coronial inquest and employment disputes across a number of Australian jurisdictions.
- Successfully defending a claim brought in the Federal Court of Australia directly against a solicitor’s professional indemnity insurer seeking damages for alleged breach by the solicitor of his contractual and tortious duties.
- Providing indemnity coverage advice to insurers.
- Managing a variety of claims on behalf of a private not-for profit health care organisation including civil claims for damages and coronial inquests.
- Acting on behalf of real estate agents including disputes involving multi-million dollar developments and allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Defending claims brought on behalf of insurance brokers including issues of failure to secure adequate insurance.