Anton practices in all areas of insurance with a focus on workers’ compensation, medical treatment and public/property liability.
He provides strategic advice on professional risks including health and safety law, employers’ indemnity claims and general insurance litigation.
Anton has advised and appeared in various courts on behalf of insurers, brokers, hospitals, mining clients and several of Australia’s largest companies and stakeholders. He regularly appears as counsel in the Arbitration Service of WorkCover WA and the District Court of Western Australia.
Anton is regarded as a senior specialist insurance practitioner with proven experience in dealing with complex insurance litigation, provision of concise and reliable indemnity advice and has assisted insurers with the drafting of policy wordings. Anton has also provided advice to the Insurance Council of Australia (WA). Anton has dedicated experience in complex contractual indemnity and recovery claims and regularly provides advice on construction, engineering and geotechnical claims.
Anton is listed as a leading workers' compensation and public liability lawyer, and as a recommended professional indemnity, CTP and medical negligence and malpractice lawyer in WA in Doyles’ Guide to the Australian Legal Profession. He is also a recommended insurance lawyer in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Acting for the insurer in the decision of Canny v Primepower Engineering Pty Ltd  WADC 81 where indemnity was successfully disputed.
- Anton was the instructing solicitor in Moltoni Corporation Pty Ltd v QBE Insurance Limited  HCA 73.
- Anton acted as counsel in various District Court appeals which include Kanar v A & S Sadak Pty Ltd (No2) [2015} WADC 43 and Behme v Royal Perth Hospital  WADC 53. He has also appeared as counsel in various appeals to the Commissioner at WorkCover WA.
- Anton has appeared as counsel in the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission on issues relating to leave entitlements while the claimant was on weekly payments of compensation.
- Anton’s practice includes consideration of the Motor Vehicle (Third Party Insurance) Act 1943, Fatal Accidents Act 1959 (WA), Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA), Insurance Contracts At (Cth), Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 (Cth), Civil Liability Act 2002 (WA) and the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 (WA).
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020Recommended – Insurance
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association (WA)