Ann is a dispute resolution Special Counsel with a particular focus on restructuring and insolvency, corporate workouts and banking and debt recovery. Commercially minded, Ann focuses on reaching straight forward solutions in a timely manner.
Ann provides advice to companies and their directors on restructuring and insolvency matters and also advises administrators, liquidators, receivers, trustees in bankruptcy and Government and regulatory bodies. During her career she has also acted for financiers and credit providers, including each of Australia’s top four banks, on matters involving enforcement of securities, lender-led restructuring, asset and debt recovery and loss minimisation.
Ann’s experience includes working for small to medium sized businesses as well as publically listed entities within a number of sectors including retail, property, mining and resources. Ann assists her clients in both an advisory and litigious capacity, often running a matter from the early stages through to a negotiated out of court resolution or successfully prosecuting contested litigation.
Her technical knowledge covers complex corporate insolvency, restructuring and workouts, and consumer lending and credit as well as complicated issues involving the Personal Property Securities Act.
Ann was a finalist in the 2018 Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 awards in the Dispute Resolution category.
Ann received the award for the highest grade in Queensland for the 2016 ARITA Advanced Insolvency Course.
- Acting for the Commonwealth Department of Jobs and Small Business and the Attorney General’s Department in various matters to recover funds paid under the Fair Entitlements Guarantee Scheme.
- Providing advice to various boards of publicly listed and large private companies in relation to access to the safe harbour protection against insolvent trading.
- Advised the directors and acted for the administrators of Bounty Mining Limited.
- Advised OneVue Holdings Limited and receivers appointed by it to companies in the Sargon Capital Group
- Acted for the voluntary administrators and liquidators of Lyon Solar, a group of companies developing solar farms.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022Recommended – Dispute resolution: litigation
Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 2018
- Member, Australian Restructuring and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Previous member of the ARITA Young Professionals QLD committee (2017 to 2019)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Current Chair, TMA NextGen QLD committee
- Member, Queensland Law Society
Insolvency & Restructuring | 1 Aug 2022
The Victorian Supreme Court has handed down its first judicial decision regarding a mortgagee sale which arose during the COVID-19 lockdowns.