Angela has over 10 years’ experience practicing in insurance litigation and personal injury law, with a focus on motor injury insurance claims and workers’ compensation claims.
- Over 10 years experience in working across claims for both plaintiff and defendant insurer and employer clients. Her experience includes managing a diverse range of claims including, compulsory third party insurance, workers’ compensation, common law negligence claims, product liability, public liability and medical negligence.
- Angela has significant experience in providing advice to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (the compulsory third party insurer for motor vehicle accidents in Western Australia). Angela regularly provides advice on liability and quantum.
- Angela’s experience in motor injury claims is diverse and extends to managing claims and providing advice on matters where liability is denied, apportionment of liability is relevant, there are intoxication issues, infant claims, pure mental harm claims, fraudulent and harvested claims, claims involving multiple parties and claims involving questions of insurance coverage.
- She has significant experience in appearing in the District Court of Western Australia and attending chamber summons hearings, directions hearings, compromise hearings and special appointments.
- She regularly attends pre-trial conferences, informal settlement conferences and WorkCover hearings.
- Angela has extensive experience in advising on the interpretation and application of relevant statutory provisions, including the Motor Vehicle (Third Party Insurance) Act 1943, Motor Vehicle (Catastrophic Injuries) Act 2016, Civil Liability Act 2002 (WA), Limitation Act 1935 (WA), Limitation Act 2005 (WA), Fatal Accidents Act 1956 (WA), Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 (WA), Occupiers’ Liability Act 1985 (WA), Rules of the Supreme Court 1971 (WA), District Court Rules 2005 (WA) and Law Reform (Contributory Negligence and Tortfeasors Contribution) Act 1947 (WA).
- Angela prides herself in taking a well-balanced approach to settlement negotiations.
- Angela is experienced in dispute resolution and strategising the best way to bring a matter to an early resolution, where it is possible and appropriate.
- Law Society of Western Australia