Angela has significant experience in workers’ compensation, product liability and public liability matters. She acts on behalf of state, national and international insurers, self-insurers, and Australian and international corporations. Angela also drafts codes of practice and occupational health and safety policies for large organisations. Angela provides advice, appears at conferences and in court on a wide range of matters, with particular experience in workers’ compensation mining claims.
Angela also has a major focus in product liability litigation and acts as the national lawyer for a number of international corporations in relation to claims brought under the Australian Consumer Law and with respect to product liability. Angela has prepared and presented to numerous national and international clients and organisations on workers' compensation and product liability law.
- Acting in a numerous of complex personal injury claims and court applications.
- Acting in institutional conduct abuse claims.
- Successfully defending a major distributer and international manufacturer in a coronial inquest and subsequent civil claims in New South Wales involving serious product liability issues, property damage and personal injury claims involving nervous shock and dependency actions.
- Angela has also acted for an underwriter in relation to various personal injury claims involving security assaults and slip and falls in hotels, pubs and playgrounds. Complex issues of indemnity, recovery and liability arouse out of these claims.
- Angela has acted for a paint manufacturer in relation to a warehouse fire that involved several million dollars’ worth of property damage. The matter involved multiple plaintiffs and defendants. It required extensive investigation including the briefing of and preparation of liability and quantum experts and the drafting of voluminous affidavit material. The matter ultimately resolved out of court.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance
- International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organisation