Ana’s practice focuses on the litigation of common law and statutory benefits claims brought pursuant to Victorian workers’ compensation legislation. Ana’s particular areas of interest are damages claims and claims for psychiatric injury.
Ana acts for WorkSafe Victoria, self-insurers, agents and employers to defend claims relating to injuries arising out of employment.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox in 2008, Ana had experience conducting recoveries litigation for WorkSafe Victoria.
Ana previously practiced in Canberra for over three years in the insurance litigation field, acting for both workers’ compensation and compulsory third party insurers.
- Conducting serious injury applications, damages trials and statutory benefits litigation.
- Advising WorkSafe Victoria and self-insurers on strategy and working with them to achieve desired outcomes.
- Appearing and advocating for her clients at mediations and conferences.
- Presenting at seminars regarding common law claims for psychiatric injury allegedly arising out of bullying or overwork.
Awards and recognition
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2020-2023Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – Defendant (Victoria)
- Law Institute of Victoria