Adrian is a commercial litigator with particular expertise in debt recovery, security enforcement, insolvency, and general contractual disputes.
Adrian has represented clients in the Magistrates’, County and Supreme Courts of Victoria, the Federal Court and other State Courts.
- acting for financiers on aspects of security enforcement including:
- mortgage recovery;
- applications to remove caveats;
- the Farm Debt Mediation Act (Vic);
- prority of registered and unregistered interests in land; and
- securing possession of secured property (eg land and business equipment).
- acting for a company to obtain urgent freezing orders and other ancillary orders in the Supreme Court of Victoria to trace and recover a substantial mistaken payment
- advising insolvency practitioners and creditors on voidable transaction claims including preference payments and uncommercial transactions
- advising insolvency practitioners and secured creditors on the validity of security interests and priority rules under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- acting for directors to terminate the winding up of a company
- acting for an individual in an application before the Full Court of the Federal Court of Australia to appeal sequestration orders
- Asian Australian Lawyers Association