Media Release | 2 June 2022
Frank Lab 2022 eyes startups with a digital economy focus
With the digital economy radically changing the business landscape, Frank Lab will focus on startups innovating in technology sectors including:
- AI/machine learning;
- cloud computing;
- blockchain and Web3;
- gaming development;
- legal tech;
- fintech; and
- ESG (environmental, social and governance).
Irrespective of which industry you're in, if your product reshapes and improves the way business is done, we want to hear from you!
A successful applicant to Frank Lab 2022 will:
- receive an initial $5,000 credit to spend on legal services and get to work with an experienced lawyer as their own trusted legal advisor for the duration of the program;
- have the opportunity to regularly meet with their Frank Lab Trusted Advisor who will assist them in identifying their legal needs and achieve their commercial objectives;
- be introduced to Hall & Wilcox networks, including accountants and investors;
- participate in a program of masterclasses, covering topics ranging from raising capital to how to value your business; and
- gain access to Hall & Wilcox office space nationally and the firm's Smarter Law technology solutions.
To be considered for Frank Lab 2022, each startup applying for the program must have a minimum viable product which is ready (or close to ready) to go to market, be generating revenue or can demonstrate imminent user adoption of the business's product or service.
Now in its fourth year, Frank Lab, Hall & Wilcox's accelerator program for emerging businesses, provides legal support and networking opportunities to help selected startups grow their business. Applications are open until 30 June 2022 and the six-month program will kick off in mid-July.
Jacqui Barrett, Partner, said: 'We are delighted to be able to be able to support businesses engaged in building new technology solutions and offering innovative solutions to the wider market. We look forward to helping our cohort to continue to grow their business and achieve commercialisation goals through the program.'
Jasmine Koh, Senior Associate & Head of Frank, said: 'For this year's cohort, we are excited to be working with inspiring founders who are innovating new opportunities in the face of multiple challenges in our fast-changing and unpredictable world.
You might be also interested in...
Corporate & Commercial | 8 Jul 2021
Frank Lab 2021’s female-focused startup cohort illustrates the breadth and depth of the startup/scaleup community.
Corporate & Commercial | 9 Mar 2020
Ten innovative businesses have been selected to participate in Frank Lab 2020. Read about the wide range of startups taking part in our 2020 accelerator program.