The succession planning process can be a complex one. Our goal is to make this process as simple and straightforward as possible. We work closely with you and your advisers to understand your goals, and provide an easy to understand, step by step process, to achieve these goals.
Following an initial enquiry, the following steps occur:
We meet with you and your adviser to take instructions, discuss your needs and determine what you want to achieve with your succession planning.
Following the initial meeting we will provide:
- a letter setting out any further instructions or information we require;
- a flow-chart which sets out, in diagram form, how the proposed succession planoperates in the event of the death of one of you and both of you;
- a draft letter of wishes, which can provide guidance to your executors andtrustees regarding your succession planning; and
- an engagement letter which complies with our legal obligations and setsout our fees for the work required to be undertaken (we will provide you with afixed fee quote where possible).
On confirmation of your instructions and any requested information, we thenprovide an initial set draft documentation for review, including:
- draft Wills;
- draft enduring powers of attorney (financial);
- draft enduring powers of attorney (medical treatment);
- draft appointments of enduring guardian;
- revised letter of wishes and flowchart; and
- a letter confirming the operation of the draft documents.
Once you have reviewed the draft documents, we then arrange a meeting withyou and your adviser to review final documents and arrange signature.
We prefer to involve your advisor in all steps to ensure we provide the best service to you