The Hall & Wilcox Tax team has a proud history of servicing high net worth individuals and families and has a unique understanding of the dynamics of family owned businesses.
It is through close collaboration with our clients and our depth of experience, that we are able to provide a tailored and innovative approach to achieving your short and long term goals.
We offer a wide range of services to both families and individuals in order to put in place effective wealth management strategies. These services are designed to not only protect and maintain your wealth but also ensure that it continues to grow through the implementation of tax-effective strategies.
We also work hand in hand with the Hall & Wilcox Private clients team to achieve your succession planning goals, by facilitating the intergenerational transfer of wealth and ensuring adequate asset protection.
- Advising on the reorganisation of one of Australia’s largest private businesses to facilitate intergenerational succession planning.
- Providing tax advice and tax planning services to senior executives and expatriates.
- Dealing with ATO High Wealth Individual and Trust Taskforce reviews and audits.
- Assisting high net worth individuals with voluntary disclosures of previously undisclosed offshore income and assets.
- Providing tax risk management advice to the advisors and directors of large private businesses and family offices.
Tax| 25 Oct 2021
First step forward for tax and crypto: Final Report from the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre
The recommendations of the Final Report from the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre attempt to address a number of cryptocurrency- and blockchain-related taxation issues that have been on the Commissioner of Taxation's radar for the better part of the last decade.
Tax| 21 Oct 2021
In this issue of Talking Tax, we examine the Full Federal Court’s decision in the Greensill appeal and when a settlement payment will be an employment termination payment, as considered in the Stark case.
Tax| 18 Oct 2021
In this edition, we consider the new DDO interim instruments, ASIC’s updated anti-hawking regulatory guidance and updates in relation to the new breach reporting regime and internal dispute resolution requirements, and much more.
Tax| 14 Oct 2021
The hot button issues in the Victorian property industry right now are the Victorian Government’s latest Build-to Rent announcements and the controversial Windfall Gains Tax. With the draft legislation now released, the wait is finally over.