Our Employment tax team applies commercial experience and technical expertise to assist its clients to navigate the multifaceted and complex employment tax landscape.
Our team specialise in the design and implementation of tailored remuneration and compensation packages, to give our clients the advantage in attracting and retaining key people.
Our capability in this area also includes:
- advising on, and implementing, Employee Share Schemes (ESS) and Employee Share Trusts (EST). Our role typically includes drafting Plan Rules, dealing with regulatory issues (Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules) on implementation and devising arrangements that utilise available tax concessions for employees and tax deductible arrangements for employers
- advising on Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), Pay-As-You-Go Withholding (PAYG), superannuation guarantee, payroll tax and employment termination payments, and
- compliance reviews and health checks.
- Devising and implementing loan funded share plans, employee share schemes and option arrangements for listed and private groups.
- Reviewing and restructuring employee benefits for employees of not-for-profit and tax exempt entities.
- Advising public and private companies on their PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation and workcover obligations regarding their employees and contractors.
Tax| 14 Jul 2021
COVID-19 has been great for some: online retail of home goods, clothes and exercise equipment and food delivery. But it has been harder on others.
Tax| 18 May 2021
In a bid to incentivise Australian innovation in the medical and biotech industries, the Federal Treasurer has announced in this year’s Budget that Australia will adopt a ‘patent box’ system, in line with many other jurisdictions.
Tax| 12 May 2021
The Budget 2021-22 is focused on securing Australia’s recovery.
Tax| 11 May 2021
In Talking Tax this fortnight we look at the Victorian Supreme Court decision of Razzy Australia Pty Ltd & Anor v Commissioner of State Revenue and an update on two appeals.