Our Employment tax team applies commercial experience and technical expertise to assist its clients to navigate the multifaceted and complex employment tax landscape.
Our team specialise in the design and implementation of tailored remuneration and compensation packages, to give our clients the advantage in attracting and retaining key people.
Our capability in this area also includes:
- advising on, and implementing, Employee Share Schemes (ESS) and Employee Share Trusts (EST). Our role typically includes drafting Plan Rules, dealing with regulatory issues (Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules) on implementation and devising arrangements that utilise available tax concessions for employees and tax deductible arrangements for employers
- advising on Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), Pay-As-You-Go Withholding (PAYG), superannuation guarantee, payroll tax and employment termination payments, and
- compliance reviews and health checks.
- Devising and implementing loan funded share plans, employee share schemes and option arrangements for listed and private groups.
- Reviewing and restructuring employee benefits for employees of not-for-profit and tax exempt entities.
- Advising public and private companies on their PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation and workcover obligations regarding their employees and contractors.