Our Employment tax team applies commercial experience and technical expertise to assist its clients to navigate the multifaceted and complex employment tax landscape.
Our team specialise in the design and implementation of tailored remuneration and compensation packages, to give our clients the advantage in attracting and retaining key people.
Our capability in this area also includes:
- advising on, and implementing, Employee Share Schemes (ESS) and Employee Share Trusts (EST). Our role typically includes drafting Plan Rules, dealing with regulatory issues (Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules) on implementation and devising arrangements that utilise available tax concessions for employees and tax deductible arrangements for employers
- advising on Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), Pay-As-You-Go Withholding (PAYG), superannuation guarantee, payroll tax and employment termination payments, and
- compliance reviews and health checks.
- Devising and implementing loan funded share plans, employee share schemes and option arrangements for listed and private groups.
- Reviewing and restructuring employee benefits for employees of not-for-profit and tax exempt entities.
- Advising public and private companies on their PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation and workcover obligations regarding their employees and contractors.
Tax| 25 Oct 2021
First step forward for tax and crypto: Final Report from the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre
The recommendations of the Final Report from the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre attempt to address a number of cryptocurrency- and blockchain-related taxation issues that have been on the Commissioner of Taxation's radar for the better part of the last decade.
Tax| 21 Oct 2021
In this issue of Talking Tax, we examine the Full Federal Court’s decision in the Greensill appeal and when a settlement payment will be an employment termination payment, as considered in the Stark case.
Tax| 18 Oct 2021
In this edition, we consider the new DDO interim instruments, ASIC’s updated anti-hawking regulatory guidance and updates in relation to the new breach reporting regime and internal dispute resolution requirements, and much more.
Tax| 14 Oct 2021
The hot button issues in the Victorian property industry right now are the Victorian Government’s latest Build-to Rent announcements and the controversial Windfall Gains Tax. With the draft legislation now released, the wait is finally over.