Hall & Wilcox’s corporate tax team provides strategic and practical corporate tax advice to listed and privately owned corporate groups on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, projects and restructures.
We help our corporate clients navigate complex legislation and achieve tax efficiencies. Where our clients require a combined service offering, we work closely with our corporate and commercial team to provide integrated results-driven service.
We closely follow legislative and regulatory developments and are quick to communicate how this may impact our clients.
- Advising on the tax implications associated with the acquisition of an insurance company and the potential application of the anti-avoidance provisions.
- Advising on the buy out of a major shareholder of a large private investment group, including preservation of the group’s tax losses.
- Structuring the sale of numerous businesses to permit the vendors’ access to available CGT concessions while giving the purchaser a new, clean acquisition vehicle.
- Advising on the use of selective share buy backs, as an alternative to a share sale, when retiring shareholders from corporate groups.
- Advising on the tax and trust law issues arising in establishing a syndicated arrangement supporting a finance company.
- Advising on the effectiveness of trust distributions by a large retail group.
- Advising on the roll-up of numerous financial planning businesses to a large “consolidator” of such businesses.
- Advising on the trust law implications associated with executing a gas abandonment deed.
- Advising a large multinational fund manager on the income tax issues for the fund manager and investors of investing in capital protected products.