Hall & Wilcox’s corporate tax team provides strategic and practical corporate tax advice to listed and privately owned corporate groups on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, projects and restructures.
We help our corporate clients navigate complex legislation and achieve tax efficiencies. Where our clients require a combined service offering, we work closely with our corporate and commercial team to provide integrated results-driven service.
We closely follow legislative and regulatory developments and are quick to communicate how this may impact our clients.
- Advising on the tax implications associated with the acquisition of an insurance company and the potential application of the anti-avoidance provisions.
- Advising on the buy out of a major shareholder of a large private investment group, including preservation of the group’s tax losses.
- Structuring the sale of numerous businesses to permit the vendors’ access to available CGT concessions while giving the purchaser a new, clean acquisition vehicle.
- Advising on the use of selective share buy backs, as an alternative to a share sale, when retiring shareholders from corporate groups.
- Advising on the tax and trust law issues arising in establishing a syndicated arrangement supporting a finance company.
- Advising on the effectiveness of trust distributions by a large retail group.
- Advising on the roll-up of numerous financial planning businesses to a large “consolidator” of such businesses.
- Advising on the trust law implications associated with executing a gas abandonment deed.
- Advising a large multinational fund manager on the income tax issues for the fund manager and investors of investing in capital protected products.
Tax| 10 May 2022
In this edition, we consider a case handed down about breaches of AFSL obligations due to poor cybersecurity practices, and APRA’s expectations in relation to crypto-assets, proposed amendments to the ASX Listing Rules, and much more.
Tax| 10 May 2022
In this edition of Talking Tax, we discuss the Clough decision impact statement, the OECD’s recent guidance on its suggested reform of the international tax rules, and much more.
Tax| 08 Apr 2022
In this edition, we consider the new CCIV regulations, the Senate’s disallowance of proxy advice regulations, consultations on changes to the takeovers laws, and much more.
Tax| 30 Mar 2022
We look at the impact of the 2022-23 Federal Budget announcements on a range of industries.