Our medical malpractice team has extensive expertise in the health professions and care sectors Australia-wide.
We advise on a broad range of professional indemnity, public liability, product liability and disciplinary claims. Our work extends from claims management to policy development and risk assessments. We also offer value-add services, such as advice hotlines.
- Successfully defending District Court of New South Wales proceedings brought against a chiropractor alleged to have caused significant lower back injury.
- Successfully defending Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings brought against a physiotherapist alleged to have caused significant lower back issues.
- Representing podiatric surgeons alleged to have negligently performed surgery in a number of matters litigated in Western Australia and Queensland.
- Defending a dentist in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings involving allegations of negligent and unnecessary dental work (including on appeal).
- Defending a nurse and his employer in Victorian Supreme Court proceeding involving allegations that the plaintiff suffered a massive stroke as a result of the negligent insertion of a catheter.
- Successfully defending Western Australia State Administrative Tribunal proceedings brought against a physiotherapist accused of molesting a patient (including appeal).
- Representing pharmacists before various tribunals in numerous states accused of dispensing anabolic steroids to body builders.
- Acting for Western Australian public hospitals in numerous professional negligence claims.
- Successfully defending Western Australia District Court proceedings against an orthopaedic surgeon alleged to have caused compartment syndrome.
- Representing an optometrist in a complaint before the Western Australia State Administrative Tribunal, which were resolved at mediation without any adverse impact on the optometrist’s registration.
- Successfully defending District Court of New South Wales proceedings brought against a prominent equine veterinary practice alleged to have misinterpreted radiology on a racehorse (including on appeal).
Insurance| 11 Aug 2022
In our latest update for self-insurers, we look at two possible outcomes for whether an agreement reached at Conciliation is always binding, and much more.
Insurance| 10 Aug 2022
Hall & Wilcox Partner Priya Paquet discusses the key issues impacting on Australia’s insurance industry.
Insurance| 09 Aug 2022
In part one of our three-part series on sanctions risk awareness, we look at the sanctions for certain supply, import and export activities.
Insurance| 05 Aug 2022
In this edition, we consider exposure draft legislation to adjust how faith-based super products are treated under the annual performance test, and much more.