We have a long and successful history of acting for participants in MBOs and MBIs, and in private equity and venture capital transactions generally.
We regularly advise other participants (including private equity firms, investor/investee companies and venture capitalists) on issues arising out of public and private capital raisings, IPOs and due diligence. Our arms-length relationships with these funding sources ensure we can act for management without giving rise to potential conflicts of interest.
We advise on the full range of issues arising from these transactions, including pre-sale business restructuring, capital raisings and divestments, fund establishment, business and share acquisitions and sales, IPOs, back-door listings and exit strategies, rights offers and other public capital raisings, private capital raisings, due diligence – design and implementation, and directors’ duties.
- Advising Boost Juice founders Janine and Jeff Allis, in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm The Riverside Company.
- Advising Canon Australia on a $31 million agreement with CSG Communications Pty Limited for Canon’s Multi-Function Device dealership in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth.
- Acting for the management group in the MBI of a medical products company. Since then, we have acted for this company in a number of corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of various businesses and the establishment of an employee share option plan.
- Acting for the management group in the management buy-in (with the Helmsman Capital Fund) of the National Medical and Imaging Group.
- Acting for the management group in the management buy-in/buy-out of the Plantmark wholesale nursery business by a private equity fund managed by Advent Funds Management.
- Acting for Regency Recordings in the subscription for shares in the company by a private equity fund managed by Advent Funds Management.