We have extensive experience advising a range of companies on the full spectrum of misleading and deceptive conduct laws.
This includes advertising, in particular comparative advertising.
It also includes:
- product labelling requirements
- product recall procedures and product liability issues
- accuracy of label warnings, and;
- TPA and country of origin compliance.
- Successfully representing a number of executives of a large international financial institution who were issued with notices under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 in connection with an allegation that the financial institution engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct in respect of credit limits. We represented the clients in ASIC examinations and in respect of all dealings with ASIC.
- Defending prosecutions:
- acting in defence of an ACCC prosecution for misleading and deceptive conduct by a telecommunications service provider;
- defending an abalone industry operator in Federal Court proceedings by the ACCC for cartel behaviour; and
- defending Ampol Petroleum for price fixing.