Zoe is a Senior Associate in Hall & Wilcox’s commercial dispute resolution team, practising in general commercial litigation.
Zoe acts predominately for corporate clients and company directors in cases involving contractual disputes, fraud, corporations and equity matters, competition and consumer law. In addition, Zoe has expertise in administrative law and regularly advises clients on issues of procedural fairness.
Zoe commonly acts in matters in the Supreme Courts of Victoria and New South Wales as well as the Federal Court of Australia.
- Representing the former CEO and CFO of Dick Smith Holdings in a misleading or deceptive conduct claim brought by two major banks and advising clients in relation to public examinations conducted by ASIC.
- Acting for defendants alleged to have “knowingly assisted” in a fraud involving the CEO of a listed Australian technology company.
- Acting for a plaintiff in a complex fraud claim in the Supreme Court of Victoria against corporate trustees. Matter settled on favourable terms before proceeding to trial.
- Advising a leading industry super fund in the context of investigations and hearings conducted by the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.
- Representing shareholders in an oppression claim against a large aviation company. Matter settled on favourable terms before proceeding to trial.
- Representing a national franchisor in a misleading or deceptive conduct claim. Successfully defended an appeal brought by the franchisee in the New South Wales Supreme Court of Appeal.
- Representing a high net-wealth client in Supreme Court proceedings against Government departments in a claim for damages resulting from coastal erosion in the Mornington area.
- Advising and assisting the tribunal members of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand internal disciplinary tribunals on issues of procedural fairness and natural justice. This advisory work is supplemented by the provision of training to tribunal members and staff on the topics of administrative law, procedural fairness and the preparation of judgments.
- Acting for national listed retailor in professional negligence case against former solicitors.
- Assisting the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection in judicial review applications in the Federal Circuit Court, the appellate jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.