William is an experienced litigator with over 11 years’ experience in both Australia and overseas and currently practices in multiple Australian jurisdictions. William has acted for a variety of large institutional clients, both domestic and international.
William is known for his specialist experience in acting on behalf of insurers in professional indemnity and constructions disputes. William also has extensive experience in advising on indemnity matters.
Technical excellence is a key feature of William’s approach to litigation. This is coupled with a practical and commercial approach to dispute resolution.
Currently, William’s practice consists of acting for insured directors, accountants, engineers, consultants, architects, developers and builders.
William has a strong track record of building enduring relationships with clients and colleagues, which has created opportunities for him to develop the relationships through numerous in-house secondments.
- Acting on behalf of a variety of professionals in relation to both litigated and unlitigated disputes. These cases typically involve allegations of professional negligence and include professions such as accountants, engineers, consultants and architects.
- Acting on behalf of directors in relation to allegations of breaches of duties and of provisions in the Corporations Act (Cth) 2001.
- Acting on behalf of sub-contractors and head contractors in construction disputes.
- Acting on behalf of insurers in providing complex indemnity advice and acting on their behalf in indemnity disputes.
- Acting for large institutional clients in regulatory investigations conducted by statutory bodies. This experience includes acting for a large international bank in a multi-jurisdictional investigation brought by a number of different regulators.
- Acting for individuals involved in regulatory investigations conducted by statutory bodies such as ASIC, the Australian Tax Office, the Tax Practitioners Board and the NSW Medical Tribunal.
- William has also been involved in acting on behalf of litigants in a number of Supreme Court and Court of Appeal decisions.
- William has also provided external and internal seminars to clients and colleagues.
COVID-19 Thinking | 20 Mar 2020
There is tremendous anxiety among businesses and consumers as a result of COVID-19. Naturally, people and business are turning to their insurance policies to see whether or not they have cover for the disruption caused.