With more than 20 years of legal experience, Vicky specialises in representing clients in a wide range of commercial disputes across Australia. Her practice encompasses a variety of industry sectors with a particular focus on statutory rights, obligations and liabilities. Vicky’s experience includes advising and representing on disputes regarding construction, major projects and project management, trade practices, security of payment, insurance and general commercial and corporate issues.
Vicky has provided significant policy advice to the Northern Territory (NT) insurer members of the Insurance Council of Australia and the NT regulator of the workers’ compensation scheme, the Work Health Authority.
She has also been involved in corporate fraud investigations, project management and general commercial issues, with extensive experience in working in (often multi-office) teams in large scale disputed construction matters.
Vicky has served as Secretary for the Northern Territory Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA), a long term member of the Law Society of the Northern Territory, and a ministerial appointment on the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council.
- Advising the NT insurer members of the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) on statutory amendments to the NT workers compensation legislation in response to the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Legislation Amendment Bill 2012.
- Exclusively managed QBE’s significant workers’ compensation claims portfolio for Bechtel, one of the world’s leading engineering, construction and project management companies, arising from Bechtel’s construction as principal contractor of the $1.6 billion dollar LNG Plant at Wickham Point in the NT.
- Involved in the team acting for national contractor John Holland in its defence of a significant construction dispute commenced by the NT Government.
- Acting in a multi-party building defect and misleading and deceptive conduct property dispute in the Supreme Court for a developer of a high-rise apartment complex.
- Managed the first NT workers compensation claim that gave rise to a criminal prosecution commenced against a worker for engaging in deceptive conduct in relation to his claim.