Taleen has over eight years’ experience in insurance litigation. Her expertise extends from workers’ compensation and dispute resolution advice and representation, to common law claims, recoveries, policy interpretation and indemnity disputes.
Taleen represents employers and insurer clients at WorkCover WA and the District Court of Western Australia.
Taleen is an approachable and conscientious practitioner highly regarded for her thorough analysis of legal issues and quality advice. She is responsive to her clients’ needs and is always focused on positive outcomes for clients and devising strategies for bringing matters to early resolution.
- Successfully instructing on a number of arbitration hearings for both physical and psychiatric injuries and obtaining favourable outcomes through informal settlement negotiations at conciliation stage and through settlement and pre-arbitration conferences.
- Advising insurers, mining companies, mining contractors, and labour hire companies on claims relating to principal indemnity issues, recovery and breach of contract claims.
- Advising on multi-party actions in the District Court of WA with multiple defendants and third party proceedings.
- Acting as instructing solicitor in preparation for trial at the District Court and negotiated informal resolutions prior to trial at pre-trial conference and mediation.
- Advising on recovery proceedings acting for the plaintiff in recovering statutory payments from a negligent third party and also acting as defendant seeking contribution from negligent third parties.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Women Lawyers of Western Australia