Stephanie is a corporate and commercial lawyer with broad experience in corporate transactions and advisory, with a particular focus on the financial services and insurance sectors.
Stephanie assists clients on all facets of transactional and advisory work and provides practical and strategic advice that is tailored to clients’ commercial needs.
Stephanie regularly assists clients with their mergers and acquisitions from inception to completion. She has acted for a number of major financial institutions, multinational insurers, wealth managers and investment platforms on purchases and divestments locally and internationally.
Stephanie also regularly works with clients on complex corporate structuring, capital raising, and corporate governance and compliance related matters.
Stephanie has completed a secondment to a major Australian financial institution which has given Stephanie deeper insight into the broader needs of clients in the financial services sector.
- Acting for a major Australian financial institution on over 40 transactions.
- Acting for a major multinational insurer on the divestment of several underwriting businesses from its portfolio.
- Acting for a global professional services firm on the divestment of its financial advice business by way of a management buy-out.
- Advising on a range of private mergers, acquisitions and disposals and related due diligence and structuring issues.
- Advising on a wide range of commercial agreements including services agreements and distribution agreements.
- Advising clients on various corporate governance and compliance issues including directors’ duties and shareholder rights.