Shane has a broad litigation practice encompassing trust, commercial, banking, aviation and regulatory disputes.
In addition, Shane advises in respect of contentious and non-contentious insolvency issues including receiverships, voluntary administrations, liquidations, restructuring and turnaround, distressed debt, special situations and complex security enforcements.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Shane was legal counsel for a private investment firm in London, where he managed a suite of multi-billion pound cross-border litigation following the collapse of a major investment bank.
- Advising the Liquidators of a publically listed construction services company in claims against its auditor and former directors and officers for breach of duty.
- Advising a significant creditor of Channel Ten (Ten) on its rights under a broadcast agreement during Ten’s administration and restructure.
- Advising the Deed Administrators of a Managed Investment Scheme on claims made by and against its investors arising from the Scheme’s collapse and alleged mismanagement.
- Advising an international trustee company on appellate proceedings (including an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council) relating to the interpretation of a Jersey statute and the construction of inter-trust loan arrangements.
- Advising a trustee on claims against the former trustees for breach of trust arising from the trust’s investment strategy and administration.
- Advising a junior lender and joint-venturer on a successful injunction against a Middle Eastern Soverign Wealth Fund concerning a tranche of distressed debt in a company owning one of Europe’s most valuable commercial properties.