Shane has a broad commercial and regulatory litigation practice, encompassing investment fund and trustee disputes, banking and company law, financial services, civil and commercial fraud, aviation, construction and infrastructure disputes.
Shane also advises in respect of contentious and non-contentious insolvency issues including receiverships, voluntary administrations, liquidations, restructuring and turnaround, distressed debt, special situations and complex security enforcements.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Shane was legal counsel for a private investment management and advisory firm in London.
Commercial, Trust & Insolvency Litigation
- Advising the Liquidators of an ASX listed international construction company in claims against its auditor and former directors and officers for breach of duty.
- Advising the Deed Administrators of an ASX listed agribusiness concerning the Responsible Entity’s claims against investors and subsequent cross-claims arising from the scheme’s collapse and alleged mismanagement.
- Advising a Luxembourg based special purpose investment vehicle on alleged defaults and a subsequent successful injunction against a Middle Eastern Sovereign Wealth Fund concerning its distressed mezzanine lending to an entity controlling Europe’s most expensive commercial property.
- Advising a Swiss-based international trustee company on appellate proceedings (including an appeal to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council) relating to the interpretation of a Jersey statute and the construction of inter-trust loan arrangements.
- Advising the trustees of a significant family trust in a claim against the former trustees for breach of trust and investment policy in excess of £300 million.
Insolvency & Restructuring
- Advising a major national sporting body and significant creditor of Channel Ten (Ten) during Ten’s administration and restructure.
- Advising the directors of franchised wholesale and retail hardware business during its administration, secured creditor buy-back and subsequent entry into a deed of company arrangement.
- Advising the Administrators of the Australian subsidiary of a HKEX listed building materials supply company arising from its failed local joint venture.
- Extensive experience advising liquidators, bankruptcy trustees and company directors in statutory claims including voidable transactions (unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions, unreasonable director-related transactions), insolvent trading, public examinations and section 66G applications.