Scott is a Special Counsel in the Hall & Wilcox Commercial Dispute Resolution team based in Perth. He has more than seven years of litigation practice experience and a prior two years of general practice experience.
Scott takes a proactive approach to commercial disputes. His attention to detail, strong critical analysis abilities and an eye for strategy are the cornerstone of his successful litigation practice.
Scott advises on a wide variety of corporate and commercial disputes and insolvency matters. His clients include those in a range of industry sectors, including insolvency practitioners, energy and resources, commercial property, financial services and intellectual property and technology.
Scott regularly appears in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia and has experience in conducting matters before the lower courts and tribunals in Western Australia. He has extensive experience in having primary carriage of matters before the courts and instructing counsel (both senior and junior) throughout matters and at final hearing.
- Providing strategic advice and representation in a range of disputes regarding:
- commercial dealings including joint ventures, contracts for the sale of commercial property and mining tenements, intellectual property and corporate disputes;
- prosecution under Local Government Act 1995 (WA);
- advising in relation to action to be taken by a regulatory body;
- contentious applications to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission;
- applications for judicial review and appeals against administrative decision makers including in relation to high profile liquor licensing and planning approval matters; and
- insolvency related matters including, preference payment claims, winding up applications, numerous statutory demand related issues, security interests (and enforcement of those interests).
- In insolvency matters, working both for and against appointees from firms including Grant Thornton, RSM Australia, Hall Chadwick, Jirsch Sutherland and BRI Ferrier. The matters he has advised range from various small to mid-scale preference payment recovery matters through to matters requiring concurrent litigation in three jurisdictions to secure acquisition of mining tenements.