'"Stand out' Rachael Arnold is recommended for public and product liability claims.' – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
Rachael is a well-rounded and experienced insurance lawyer.
Rachael advises insurers and corporates in the defence of public and product liability claims (both personal injury and property damage), professional indemnity and medical negligence claims and on policy response.
Rachael acts in defence of claims in the state and federal courts and before the Coroner’s court.
Rachael advises a range of industry groups including sport, hospitality, leisure, retail, cleaning, security, commercial and residential property management and owners, churches, schools, medical, health, aged care, trades and construction.
Rachael is highly regarded for her experience, technical advice and commercial approach to reducing claims, risk and costs. Rachael is always accessible and focuses on the client’s needs.
Rachael is a former Board Director of Women Sport Australia, is a member of the Bondi Running and Triathlon Club, a member of Women in Insurance, the Medico-Legal Society of NSW, AILA and the Women Lawyers Association of NSW.
She is a recommended leading public liability lawyer in NSW in Doyles’ Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.
- Personal injury – public, product and professional risk related
- Represented Laura District Camp Draft & Rodeo Association at the Inquest into the death of Holly Winta Brown.
- Acting for a head contractor in six separate sets of proceedings in the Supreme Court, arising from an industrial accident that caused the death of one man and injured five others (including crush injuries, spinal injuries, scarring and amputations). There were associated compensation to relatives and nervous shock claims, 151Z recovery actions and a WorkCover prosecution.
- Acting in defence of intentional tort claims for assault and battery resulting in brain damage, multiple bone injuries and severe psychological injury including acting for Rooty Hill RSL Club in Rooty Hill RSL Club v Karimi  NSWCA 2.
- Acting for a gymnasium which was sued by a plaintiff who was rendered paraplegic after using a barbell that formed part of a weight machine. The injuries included severe psychological injury, neurological, urological and rectal deficit and loss of sexual function. The Supreme Court proceedings resolved at mediation, avoiding a costly and lengthy trial.
- Acting for day care centres, leisure and recreation facilities, schools and churches relating to, in particular, injuries to children including burns and scarring and psychological injuries.
- Providing advice and guidance to sporting association, schools, day care centres and churches on sensitive issues including risk management, media and community responses.
- Acting for medical and health professionals and real estate agents in defence of personal injury claims.
- Advising and acting for church employees and teachers in defamation claims and allegations of misconduct.
- Acting for sporting associates and volunteers for claims relating to claims relating to medical treatment, defamation, and management liability.
Property / Product claims and recoveries
- Acting for large corporates and their insurers in defence of product liability, personal injury and property damage litigated claims, including recovery against domestic and foreign manufacturers.
- Women in Insurance
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW