With over 20 years’ experience in property law, Peter is one of the senior members of the firm’s Property & Projects team.
Peter advises clients on sales, purchases and structuring of commercial property transactions. Peter acts on behalf of clients in relation to all key components of commercial and residential developments, conduct of property and environmental due diligence, leasing of commercial property and mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and entities.
Peter takes a commercial, practical and results-focused approach to property transactions. Clients rely on his commercial judgment and experience.
Peter has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Leasing Law and Real Property Law for 2020.
- Acting in the development of a large logistics centre in north-western Melbourne involving:
- – site acquisition due diligence and contract negotiation;
- – preparing construction contracts for the construction of a multiple warehouse/office complex on the property;
- – negotiating agreements for lease and leases with tenants;
- – subdivision of the centre; and
- – preparing and negotiating sale contracts for the sale of the properties.
- Preparing and negotiating agreements for lease and leases for shopping centres and commercial and industrial complexes in all eastern seaboard states.
- Acting for a number of private developers in relation to broadacre, land and building and apartment developments including acquisition of the development sites, advising on town planning and other construction and development issues, and acting in relation to the off-the-plan sales of the blocks of land and dwellings.
- At any given time, the Property and Projects section handles in excess of 600 individual sale files with the assistance of our dedicated team and advanced project systems.
- Acting in the sale by a family group of its industrial property portfolio for $120 million.
- Acting for the landlord vendor of an Australia-wide portfolio of in excess of 40 leased commercial properties worth in excess of $300 million.
- Advising in relation to the structuring of, and negotiating all documents for, co-venture agreements between a private client and his listed company co-venturer for the development of residential subdivisions.