Peter is an experienced insurance and civil litigator with experience in both New Zealand and Australia. He has a broad legal skillset and employs a practical, pragmatic and commercially minded approach toward matters for compensation and in relation to matters involving professional discipline.
Peter enjoys the variety of keeping a broad practice including public liability, professional indemnity, property damage and professional disciplinary matters.
- Acting for New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation in Tribunal and District Court.
- Acting for insured entities in a variety of civil and disciplinary proceedings brought in the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal, District Court and High Court.
- Advising public liability and professional indemnity insurers on policy coverage issues.
- Acting for insured entitles in civil and disciplinary proceedings brought in the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Local Court, District Court and Supreme Court, and for insured entities in the Magistrates Court of the Australian Capital Territory and Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for allied health practitioners in response to notifications and complaints made to and inquiries conducted by National Boards, state councils, Health Care Complaints Commission, Professional Services Review and the Australian Department of Health (on behalf of Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).
- Advising public liability, professional indemnity and management liability insurers on policy coverage issues, including issues of dual insurance and contractual indemnity.
- Conducting personal injury damages assessments in claims brought in NSW and the ACT.
- Advising insured parties on risk mitigation strategies.
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- New Zealand Law Society
- Young Insurance Professionals (NZ)