Paul is a projects lawyer with a particular focus on construction and renewable projects, including solar, storage and wind. He is also experienced in general corporate law, having worked on transactional and advisory matters.
Paul is personable and pragmatic, enabling him to establish and maintain relationships with clients while offering practical and commercial legal solutions to meet their needs.
- Advised Synthesis Global on the development of four utility scale solar facilities in Sri Lanka.
- Advised Martin Energy on the development of its biogas digester and generation project at an Australian meat processing facility, including drafting and negotiating the power purchase agreement.
- Advised Compass Housing on the installation of solar and battery facilities across its housing stock and the development of energy pooling arrangements.
- Advising Frenel GMBH on the development of its Solusi 2 x 1000MW linear Fresnel generation project in Zimbabwe.
- Advised Municipal Association of Victoria on the formation of a joint purchasing group with multiple municipal councils and entry into a renewable power purchase agreement.
- Advising Andritz Hydro in relation to its role as the turbine and major equipment supplier to the 220MW pumped storage Kidston Hydro project in Queensland.
- Advising EPS on the development and sale of its 1.1GW portfolio of solar projects (and associated 500MW/2000MWh co-located BESS portfolio) in South Australia.
- Advising the developers of the Melton Renewable Energy Hub, a 1200MW/2400MWh battery energy storage facility in Melton on arrangements for the development of the project including on the negation of development funding arrangements with a major Asian Fund.
- Advising Enzen as EPC contractor and O&M services provider for the Byford Solar Project, three linked solar farms with approx. 40MW capacity accompanied by battery storage of 150MW.
- Advising Enzen as EPC contractor and O&M services provider for the Mannum Solar Project.
- Advising the developers of the 65MW and 50MW /150MWh BESS Livingstone Solar Project.
- Advising Enerparc on the development of its portfolio of 9 large scale solar projects including the drafting and negotiation of all main project documents and, in addition advising Enerparc on the sale of 4 projects within this portfolio (to finance the development of the remainder of the portfolio).
- Advising EBL (a Swiss utility) on a linear Fresnel concentrating solar power facility (incorporating molten salt storage) in Sicily.
- Advising the developers of the Melton Renewable Energy Hub, a 1200MW/2400MWh battery energy storage facility in Melton on arrangements for the development of the project.