Paul is an experienced energy and resources lawyer, who specialises in the development of energy projects and acquisitions, energy trading and regulation, with a particular focus on renewable energy. He has acted for many clients in the energy generation, transmission and retail sectors within Australia and internationally. He has also worked on a number of large solar and wind projects and has experience in a range of other power projects relating to wind, hydro, geothermal, waste wood, tidal movement, landfill gas, sewerage methane and solar power.
Paul has also acted in the development or acquisition of numerous resource projects covering a range of minerals across Australia and throughout Asia.
Paul has been listed as a finalist for the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year in Projects, Energy and Resources for 2019.
Paul is admitted to practice in New South Wales and New Zealand.
- Taralga Wind Farm – Paul acted for the developers of the Taralga Wind Project on the development, financing and construction of the project.
- Novatec Solar – Paul advised Novatec Solar on the commercialisation of its Linear Fresnel solar technology and the development of its first commercial scale project, the $300M Puerto Errado II project.
- Redbank Energy – Paul advised Redbank Energy on its dispute with Ausgrid in relation to the pass through of liabilities under the Clean Energy Act to Ausgrid under the off-take contract for the Redbank Power Station (which were in excess of $25M). Redbank was successful in arbitration proceedings brought in relation to the matter.
Awards and recognition
Lawyers Weekly – Partner of the Year AwardsFinalist, Projects, Energy and Resources Partner of the Year
- Law Society of New South Wales
- AMPLA – the Energy and Resources Law Association