Nik advises on a broad range of property related transactions and disputes. With over 17 years legal experience, he has acted for a variety of financial institutions, finance and investment companies, joint venture partners, property developers, private and public companies, government agencies and local councils.
Nik provides clear and concise advice to enable clients to achieve their strategic and operational objectives.
- Advising clients in connection with freehold, leasehold and co-ownership rights and interests (in the context of various types of ownership structures including trusts, partnerships and joint ventures).
- Negotiating and drafting security documents and advising clients in relation to enforcement rights under mortgages, guarantees and indemnities.
- Representing parties in disputes relating to caveats, easements, restrictive covenants and adverse possession claims.
- Representing parties in lease disputes and general property related litigation involving claims of negligence, nuisance and trespass (including environmental contamination cases).
Building and construction
- Negotiating and drafting construction contracts and related finance and security documents.
- Representing parties in building and construction disputes in various jurisdictions.
- Appearing at VCAT in planning appeals for applicants, objectors and responsible authorities.
- Representing prosecuting authorities and defendants in enforcement proceedings under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Vic).
- Representing land owners and developers at planning panels appointed by the Victorian Minister for Planning.
- Undertaking and supervising due diligence reviews for a variety of acquisition and development projects.
- Negotiating and drafting finance, security and related documentation for construction and development projects and corporate restructuring arrangements.