Nelson specialises in CTP and workers compensation insurance litigation and dispute resolution. He has serviced clients including IAG, Allianz and Guild Insurance.
He has advised on matters in the Supreme and District Court of NSW, the Supreme and Magistrates Court of ACT, as well as the Personal Injury Commission.
Nelson is an active lawyer in the Hall & Wilcox community and is a member of the Pride and pro bono committees. He has organised Wear It Purple Day and IDAHOBIT events in the firm, as well as attending the Pride in Diversity roundtable in Canberra.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Nelson worked in the Australia Parliament for the leader of the opposition.
Nelson regularly presents at his alma mater, Sydney Boys High School, to address issues for LBGTIQA+ young people.
- Advise and assess complex CTP and workers compensation personal injury claims
- Appear at the Personal Injury Commission
- Conduct legal research for the University of New South Wales, Westjustice, Deaf Australia and Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
- Advise pro bono clients at the Canberra Community Law Clinic, the Disability Support Pension Clinic and the Justice Connect self-representatives support clinic
- Member, Pride Committee
- Member, Pro Bono Committee