Matt is a solicitor-advocate who specialises in town planning and environment law. Matt's experience also includes land acquisition and compensation, roads, water law, restrictive covenants (removal and compliance), statutory interpretation and other property law related matters.
Matt regularly appears before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in hearings and compulsory conferences, Ministerial Advisory Committees and Planning Panel hearings on behalf of his private and public sector clients.
Matt brings commercial knowledge and strategy to his advice, having previously run his own business and worked as a planning officer for the City of Boroondara in Victoria.
- Acting for Scentre Group in respect to its Westfield Geelong landholding throughout the Central Geelong Framework Plan Advisory Committee hearings.
- Assisting with EES preparation and instructing and appearing at the Crib Point Gas Import Facility and Pipeline EES Inquiry hearings.
- Advising Ouson in relation to the Shenstone Park Precinct Structure Plan, including in relation to quarry buffer distances and EPBC Act conservation areas and instructing Senior and Junior Counsel at the Panel hearing.
- Representing the Minister for Planning in VCAT hearings in relation to permits for the approval of solar and wind farm projects.
- Acting for Kaufland Australia in relation to all planning and environmental aspects associated with its acquisition, rezoning and use & development of land for the rollout of its Victorian stores in the Kaufland Stores in Victoria Advisory Committee hearings.
- Advising Build-to-Rent developer and owner Greystar in relation to VCAT hearing for its mixed-use development of two build-to-rent towers in South Yarra, one of 30 storeys and one of 21 storeys in height, comprising 686 apartments.
- Advising Auriton on its proposed 17-storey mixed-use development in Clayton, including acting as advocate at the VCAT Compulsory Conference and instructing Counsel for the merits hearing, including instructing four witnesses.
- Acting for the Victorian Planning Authority in planning scheme amendment C243hume Panel hearing, seeking to introduce an Infrastructure Contributions Plan to the Sunbury South and Lancefield Road PSP areas.
- Acting for The Lost Dogs Home in the proposed planning scheme amendment C407melb, seeking to introduce the Arden Precinct Structure Plan.
- Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association
- Planning Institute of Australia