Mark has more than 16 years’ experience in advising on construction and infrastructure projects. He has acted for public and private organisations on social infrastructure projects including housing, schools, hospitals, primary care facilities and specialist disability care homes.
While in the UK, he advised Community Health Partnerships – an investment arm of the National Health Service – on the delivery of the Local Improvement Finance Trust (LIFT) initiative. LIFT has gone on to deliver over 300 health hubs across England, enhancing the amenities of local communities through the provision of co-located health services.
The LIFT model has been replicated in Scotland where it delivers a range of social infrastructure including health care, housing, schools, leisure and other community facilities.
His previous Australian experience includes working with Telstra’s Commercial and Legal Teams on a range of projects and at commercial law firms, Herbert Smith Freehills and Page Seager.
Mark is a member of the Housing Mix Taskforce for Committee for Melbourne, the Law Society of England and Wales and the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Jemena: Advising Jemena on two gas pipeline projects in NT and Qld.
- AusNet Services: Advising AusNet Services on a number of transmission connection projects in Victoria (confidential at this stage).
- TasWater: Advising and negotiating three construction contracts and one strategic delivery partner contract for the $40m water upgrade project for TasWater, as part of the Small Towns Project in Tasmania.
- Huon Aquaculture: Advising and negotiating construction and equipment fit out contracts for the building of a salmon smolt rearing facility for Huon Aquaculture, in Tasmania.
- Equipment and Digital Media Fit Out: Advising and negotiating on a $100m equipment and digital media fit out contract across 1100 establishments in NSW and developing a back to back subcontract with the digital media subcontractor.
- Telstra: Involved in a number of projects whilst in-house at Telstra including:
- optimising Telstra’s $170m Asset Relocation and Commercial Works program, delivering record profit, increased margin and reduced costs; and.
- a PPP project with Lend Lease for the provision of ICT telecommunications to the new International Convention Centre in Sydney.