Lucy practices as an insurance and litigation lawyer. She manages personal injury and property damage claims under common law and statutory schemes in Queensland. In particular, Lucy advises various major and international insurers, large corporate insureds, clubs and mutuals and transport operators.
As well as working in private practice, Lucy has worked internally for insurers. Lucy draws on this experience and knowledge to provide her clients with exceptional service within client standards and to deliver commercially-minded advice.
- Acting on behalf of insurers and self-insured corporations in public liability claims, including acting for principal contractors, labour hire companies, and advising on the enforcement of indemnities against other insureres and WorkCover Queensland.
- Acting on behalf of CTP insurers, including QBE, Suncorp, Allianz, and the Insurance Commission of Western Australia in respect of personal injury claims.
- Acting for large government departments, rail companies and self-insureds in relation to property damage claims.
- Working internally at RACQ Insurance as a claims management officer, and on secondments at both QBE and Suncorp as a negotiation specialist.
- Advising on fraudulent matters, catastrophic matters and on large economic loss claims.
- Providing advice on indemnity, liability and quantum, interviewing witnesses, negotiating settlements, drafting pleadings, appearing in court, and preparing matters for trial.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Insurance Law ('Ones to Watch')
- Young Insurance Professional Society
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance