Katherine’s practice is predominantly in the area of general commercial dispute resolution and litigation and includes tax litigation and tax audit, contractual disputes, leasing disputes, restraint of trade injunctions, debt recovery, and insolvency and corporations matters.
Katherine has been acting on behalf of clients which include large public and private corporations, non-profit organisations, and individuals.
She has represented clients in all jurisdictions, including the Federal, Supreme, County and Magistrates’ Courts of Victoria and VCAT.
- Acting for a large resource multinational involving challenging ATO assessments under petroleum related taxation legislation on appeal to the Full Court of the Federal Court.
- Advising a private company on complex audit and privilege issues relating to the acquisition, and ASX listing, of a national company.
- Acting for a national retailer in a dispute with the landlord about transitional GST provisions including appearing on appeal to the Full Court.
- Advising a public company on an issue of landlord’s consent to assignment of key leases on sale of part of business.
- Acting in relation to the seeking of a restraint of trade injunction against former sales executive of a marine supply company.