Kate has close to 10 years’ experience specialising in succession law including wills, testamentary and discretionary trusts, protective trusts, powers of attorney, appointments of guardian advanced health directives and probate and letters of administration.
She is experienced in establishing protective and tax effective structures for her clients and has also assisted overseas clients with structuring substantial assets in Australia to ensure the smooth transfer of assets.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Kate spent over four years at National Australia Trustees specialising in succession law and estate planning.
- Providing structuring advice on complex wills and trusts for high-net wealth clients.
- Estate planning and administration.
- Undertaking probate and letters of administration.
- Working with bankers and finance/insurance specialists to provide their clients with a holistic and quality estate planning service.
- Making submissions to superannuation companies on behalf of clients for death benefits.
- Transfers of property to surviving joint tenants and beneficiaries.