Kaitlin is an experienced lawyer with expertise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Her experience includes a wide range of complex and high net-worth contractual disputes, equity and real property disputes, claims arising from contraventions of the Australian Consumer Law and Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), and regulatory inquiries and investigations.
Kaitlin has recently represented local councils in numerous Public Inquiries in the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption and has advised and represented clients across a range of industries and backgrounds in alternative dispute resolution and in all NSW and Federal jurisdictions.
Kaitlin delivers effective, strategic and measured advice to clients which has consistently resulted in favourable outcomes.
- Successfully settled protracted and complex negotiations on behalf of a respondent/cross-claimant corporation and its director in the Federal Court of Australia concerning a dispute of competing equities and bankruptcy claims.
- Represented three local councils of New South Wales in Public Inquiries held by the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Advised two companies and their mutual director in relation to a claim for A$7.5 million concerning breach of director duties and fiduciary obligations, misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of contract.
- Advised and represented a large corporation in commercial settlement negotiations regarding a contractual dispute involving a breach of a specialist IT services agreement.
- Represented a corporation in the NSW Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and subsequent special leave application to the High Court of Australia involving the interpretation of a guarantee and indemnity clause and an overarching claim of ~USD$23 million.
- Represented a former director of an ASX listed company in the NSW Supreme Court (and subsequently in the NSW Court of Appeal) defending an allegation of breach of director duties in relation to the acquisition and development of a property valued at A$10 million.
- Advising a corporation in relation to contractual warranty and indemnity claims arising from alleged breaches of vendor warranties under a share sale agreement including complex tax claims.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Communications and Media Law Association
- Woman Lawyers Association of NSW