Jung is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a broad range of experience in the area of asset and share acquisitions and disposals, company takeovers, schemes of arrangement, IPOs and capital raisings. In addition, Jung has extensive experience advising on investment schemes and financial services law under Chapters 5C and 7 of the Corporations Act. It enables her to provide comprehensive advice on business restructuring involving various corporate vehicles such as companies and unit trusts.
Jung is a Korean native speaker and a member of the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Melbourne. In 2010, Jung assisted ANZ with its proposed acquisition of Korea Exchange Bank by liaising with Korean lawyers and reviewing Korean regulatory settings.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Jung was a lawyer at Allens Arthur Robinson (now Allens) in its mergers and acquisitions practice group, working on high-profile international transactions. Jung also worked in the Corporations team at Australian Securities and Investments Commission, which oversees M&A activities as well as capital raisings. Some of the M&A transactions Jung worked on are the acquisitions by 360 Capital Management Ltd of CVC Property Fund, PaperlinX Ltd’s off-market takeover bid for all the issued PaperlinX Step-up Preference Securities in the PaperlinX SPS Trust and a creditors’ scheme of arrangement by Lehman Brothers Australia. During her time at ASIC she expanded her expertise into investment management and gained experience in regulations of managed investment schemes, superannuation funds, financial services laws and disclosure under a product disclosure statement. Jung was involved in setting up a regulatory framework for peer-to-peer lending and also assisted the Treasury on the Asia Region Funds Passport.
- Advised the ANZ Bank in its $4.14 billion proposed acquisition of Korea Exchange Bank.
- Assisted Newcrest Mining Ltd in its $9.5 billion acquisition of Lihir Gold Ltd.
- Assisted the Bendigo Bank in its merger with Adelaide Bank.
- Advised Queensland Investment Corporation in a Supreme Court action where the damages sought exceeded $100 million.
- Assisted the Treasury on the Asia Region Funds Passport Rules and possible amendments to the Corporations Act.
- Assisted the preparation of ASIC Report 365 “Hybrid Securities”
- Assisted ASIC on SunRice Business Restructuring.
- Assisted the Takeovers Panel on applications in relation to Careers Australia Ltd, PaperlinX SPS Trust and Tigers Realm Coal Ltd
- Advised Beacon Hill Resources Plc for its compliance listing on ASX.