Jonathon has over 17 years’ transactional and advisory experience specialising in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and corporate governance.
Jonathon’s transactional experience has extended to working with clients across a broad spectrum of industries including retail, banking and financial services, insurance, technology and telecommunications. His clients range from listed companies, institutional investors, insurers, banks and private equity firms.
Jonathon has advised clients on an extensive range of transactions and has particular expertise in advising clients on Corporations Act/ASX listing rules requirements as well as preparing the necessary documentation to implement mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and restructurings.
Jonathon previously worked in London for over 10 years with a number of firms including Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and King & Wood Mallesons. His practice in the United Kingdom focused on cross-border mergers and acquisitions (public and private), securities offers, joint ventures and corporate governance.
- Acted for Focus Financial Partners on the acquisition of Escala Partners, a Melbourne headquartered, wealth management business.
- Acted for Outsourcing Oceania Holdings (a subsidiary of Tokyo stock exchange listed Outsourcing Inc) on the acquisition of PM-Partners group, an Australian consulting firm.
- Acting for funds managed by a private equity firm on the sale of their interests in a group specialising in permanent access solutions to a Stockholm NASDAQ-listed supplier of access solutions to the industrial and construction sectors.
- Acting for one of the founders of a leading provider of talent management software with offices in Australia, Asia, Europe and US in connection with the acquisition by a global investment firm.
- Acting for numerous ASX listed companies and advising on Corporations Act/ASX listing rules requirements in respect of various transactions (including M&A and restructurings) as well as assisting with AGM and general meeting matters.