Jessica practices in employment and workplace relations law and provides strategic advice to clients across a range of industries.
She has particular expertise in employment litigation (including unfair dismissal, adverse action and breach of contract claims), disciplinary and performance matters, corporate restructuring, privacy law, work health and safety law and the provision of workplace training.
Jessica provides practical advice to Australian corporate clients in a broad range of industries including financial services, health and aged care and the not-for-profit sector.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a financial institution defending a general protections claim and breach of contract claim in the Federal Magistrates Court.
- Acting for a large employer in breach of contract proceedings brought by a former senior employee in the County Court.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a listed company in defence of a claim for breaches of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Acting on behalf of vendors and purchasers in commercial transactions and advising on complex employment related aspects of transactions and transfer of business rules.
- Reviewing and updating contracts of employment and conducting modern award audits to ensure compliance with obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Advising clients on their legal obligations with respect to Australian privacy laws and drafting relevant documentation to ensure compliance.