Jessica practices in employment and workplace relations law and provides strategic advice to clients across a range of industries.
She provides practical and commercially-focused advice on all aspects of employment and workplace relations law, including general employment and HR issues, modern award application, employment litigation (including unfair dismissal, adverse action and breach of contract claims), disciplinary and performance matters, corporate restructuring, and workplace investigations. In addition, she is experienced in advising on privacy law, and work health and safety law issues.
Jessica provides advice to both local and global clients across a number of industries, including banking, finance and insurance, transport and logistics, education, manufacturing, property development, and Government. In addition to her commercial experience, Jessica advises numerous clients from the not-for-profit sector through the firm’s substantial pro bono practice.
Jessica is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and regularly presents at client seminars.
- Assisting clients in relation to all types of employment law issues and Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) compliance, including reviewing and updating employment contracts, conducting modern award audits, and providing advice on entitlements.
- Representing, and appearing on behalf of, clients at the Fair Work Commission and Federal and State Courts in all types of litigious claims, including unfair dismissal, general protections claims and breach of contract claims.
- Providing advice on all aspects of managing employees, including the management of ill and injured workers, dealing with performance and conduct issues, and termination of employment issues.
- Acting on behalf of either vendors or purchasers in commercial transactions (both share acquisitions and business sale transactions) and advising on transfer of business rules.
- Advising clients on their legal obligations with respect to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as well as state based privacy, health records and surveillance legislation, and drafting relevant documentation to ensure compliance, including privacy policies, internal guidelines, and data transfer deeds.
- Advising numerous clients with respect to work health and safety issues and strategies for compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all Australian states and territories.