Jemma has recently joined the Property and Projects team at Hall & Wilcox, after spending 5 years in the public sector.
Jemma is experienced in advising government clients on a wide variety of commercial and property transactions, including leasing, subleasing, sales and mortgages.
With experience in property transactions across all Australian jurisdictions, including the Northern Territory where she is based, Jemma routinely advises on a variety of commercial arrangements, drafting relevant documentation and conducting negotiations. She has conducted negotiations with both large company and smaller private landlords and has managed a large cross-jurisdictional property portfolio. She is therefore cognizant of the difference between public and private interests and is especially familiar in working within Commonwealth policy and legislative frameworks which inform the approach to transactions.
Jemma is comfortable managing a high-volume practice and works with a wide range of clients on various transactions. She enjoys working with clients to achieve their desired outcomes in a practical manner.
- Acting for the tenant to manage a large property portfolio for a government agency and regularly advising on new leases, extensions and variations across all Australian jurisdictions.
- Acting for the vendor to manage the conveyancing process for multiple land releases in the Northern Territory, including preparing contracts of sale, negotiating with purchasers and completing settlement processes.
- Acting for the vendor to develop master template sale documentation and covenant for use by the developer regarding the release of land in the Northern Territory.
- Acting for the vendor to prepare contracts of sale and undertaking due diligence for Victorian property sales.
- Member, Law Society Northern Territory
- Member, Northern Territory Young Lawyers