James works across a diverse range of areas in the Hall & Wilcox corporate and commercial practice, particularly with a focus upon equity capital markets, funds management and mergers & acquisitions.
James has acted for various publicly listed companies and funds, and has worked on various primary and secondary capital raisings. His experience includes working with clients across the funds management and REIT sectors, as well as with clients in the fractional property investment and property valuation industries. In addition, James has a strong focus on, and particular experience in, corporate governance both for listed entities and responsible entities of unlisted schemes.
- Acted for APN Property Group (ASX:APD) restructure to form a stapled group, transaction involved the establishment of a new registered scheme and the stapling of ordinary shares in APD to form stapled securities.
- Acted for Arena REIT (ASX:ARF) on $55 million capital raise ($50 million institutional placement and $5 million securities purchase plan).
- Acted for Powerwrap Limited (ASX:PWL) on $17.4 million IPO and ASX Listing.
- Acted for DomaCom Limited (ASX:DCL) on $3 million entitlement offer.
- Acted for LandmarkWhite Limited (now Acumentis Group Ltd (ASX:ACU) on $5.4 million entitlement and public offer.
- Advised Autosports Group Limited (ASX:ASG) on acquisition of rival automotive dealership Trivett in Alexandria.
- Acted for seller of ‘Educating Kids’ childcare and early education product business in approx. $11 million sale to Modern Star, Asia Pacific’s leading education resources specialist who is owned by private equity firm Navis Capital.
Corporate & Commercial | 14 Jul 2020
In part three of our four-part series, ‘Continuous disclosure vs COVID-19’, we discuss how crucial it is for listed entities to be proactive in correcting situations where the media, an analyst report or market speculation surfaces that could lead to a false market in its securities.