Jacinta’s current practice includes direct and indirect taxes, business transactions, corporate restructuring, taxation disputes (including pre-audit, audit and litigation), the not-for-profit sector and trusts.
She has acted for clients of all sizes, including clients from private and public companies, small and medium enterprises, high-net-worth individuals and family groups.
- Preparing objections to amended assessments and private ruling applications in relation to a wide range of direct tax issues.
- Managing a complicated taxation dispute with complex trust income and fraud and evasion issues on behalf of a taxpayer.
- Managing all aspects of a long-running taxation audit for a high-net-worth family.
- Preparing rollover documents in the restructure of a client’s business.
- Advising on the taxation implications of various transactions.
- Preparation of yearly trust income distribution minutes and trust variation documents.
- Establishing private and public ancillary funds for a number of high-net-worth families, individuals and companies, and providing advice regarding their ongoing operation.
- Establishing a significant public charitable organisation.
- Drafting a submission to treasury for a client to be a listed DGR in the tax legislation.
Thinking | 25 Oct 2019
This week, we look at draft legislation introducing changes to the age limit for genuine redundancy payments, luxury car tax refund entitlements and interest on ATO superannuation payments. We also consider a draft Taxation Determination regarding the exclusion of capital gains from the FITO limit, and summarise the AAT’s decision in a recent case regarding a taxpayer’s failure to prove assessments were excessive.