“Heather Gray of Hall & Wilcox is an established practitioner in the superannuation field, advising on all regulatory, compliance and investment issues for industry, self-managed and other superannuation funds. ‘Heather has excellent technical knowledge and always takes a pragmatic approach’, comments one client.” Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
Heather is one of Australia’s most experienced superannuation and financial services lawyers.
She advises on all regulatory, compliance, investment, tax and contractual issues, as well as acting in connection with disputes, regulator actions, product development, fund mergers and restructurings, and other transactions.
Heather acts for clients across the superannuation and financial services sector, including industry, self-managed and other superannuation funds, service providers and industry bodies.
Heather is ranked as an leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific in Superannuation. She has been listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Funds Management, Investment Funds and Superannuation Law every year since 2010.
Heather is a member of the Board of SANE Australia, a national mental health charity, and of the Board of the Mother’s Day Classic Foundation, a charity that raises money for breast cancer research.
- Acting for trustees of large superannuation funds regarding the full range of operational, regulatory and compliance matters, including disputes, successor fund transfers, the establishment of investment options, including ASX200 options, regulator actions, trustee and director duties, and trust deed amendments.
- Acting for other participants in the superannuation industry regarding superannuation borrowing, pension services and licensing and disclosure.
- Acting for a superannuation fund in relation to a significant divestment.
- Acting for superannuation funds in the appointment and termination of service providers, including administrators and custodians.
- Advising superannuation funds in relation to insurance reviews and tenders, changes to insurance arrangements, policy wording, claims and other insurance-related issues.
- Advising superannuation funds in relation to MySuper and associated regulatory issues.
- Advising superannuation funds and other entities regarding funds management matters, including the appointment of fund managers, negotiation of fund management agreements and mandates, ISDA agreements and ancillary documentation.
- Advising in relation to defined benefit issues, including the termination of employer contributions, restructuring, deficiencies, and surpluses within defined benefit arrangements.
- Advising organisations about their superannuation obligations from an employer perspective, including superannuation guarantee and reportable employer superannuation contributions.