Hannah practices in general insurance litigation with a particular focus on claims and risk. Her work concentrates on liability in Queensland both at common law and pursuant to Queensland legislation, common law property and economic loss claims.
- Advising in relation to personal injury claims, including providing advice, interviewing witnesses, negotiating settlements, drafting pleadings and preparing for and instructing counsel at trial.
- Appearing at Court application hearings, mediations and settlement conferences.
- Advising in relation to subrogated recovery claims against multiple parties, including on issues such as apportionment of liability and recovery prospects.
- Defending the interests of an insured client at a coronial inquest, including preparing witness statements, conduction pre-inquest witness interviews and instructing counsel.
- Successfully defending matters to trial in the Brisbane District Court, Queensland Court of Appeal and a special leave application in the High Court.
- Reviewing and interpreting indemnity clauses and advising on indemnity issues, including in relation to public liability and professional indemnity policies.
- Acting in multi-party claims requiring analysis of company structures and relationships between entities, and acting in catastrophic claims involving complex quantum assessments and calculations.
- Acting in professional negligence claims.
- Advising insurers in relation to fraudulent claims and conducting financial investigations.
Thinking | 5 Jun 2019
Mitchell Ogilvie Menswear Pty Ltd v Rapid Edge Pty Ltd  QSC 136...