Felicity specialises in workplace relations law and provides advice, representation and corporate support to companies and local government clients on all aspects of employment and industrial relations law, both contentious and non-contentious.
She has particular expertise in discrimination law and regularly conducts workplace investigations into complaints and allegations of misconduct, discrimination, harassment and bullying. Felicity also has in-depth experience (both litigious and advisory) in occupational safety and health laws, including subsea safety laws.
Felicity regularly advises on the employment aspects of commercial transactions, corporate restructures, transfers of business and outsourcing arrangements. She regularly provides clients with strategic advice on the implementation of redundancies and workplace change.
Felicity is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia and a regular presenter at industry events.
- Advising clients on all aspects of employment law including restructuring, redundancies and termination of employment, restraint and confidentiality obligations, management of sick and injured employees, and employee misconduct.
- Conducting investigations into workplace incidents involving employee misconduct, discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Negotiating and litigating disputes in courts and state and federal industrial commissions.
- Advising on award compliance and agreement-making.
- Drafting and negotiating terms and conditions of employment for local, national and international clients.
- Drafting policies and procedures including social media, workplace health and safety, drug and alcohol.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Advising on regulatory investigation powers (WorkSafe, Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP) and the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority (NOPSEMA)).
- Defending criminal proceedings instituted by WorkSafe, DMP and NOPSEMA.
- Appealing and overturning a prohibition notice issued by NOPSEMA in relation to offshore safety compliance.
- Advising on offshore safety cases (compliance issues and prosecution by NOPSEMA for breach).
- Advising on safety and health obligations relating to employees, third parties and independent contractors.
- Advising on the harmonisation of safety and health laws across Australia.
- Advising on post-incident investigations and preparing witness statements in anticipation of prosecution.
- Advising on the implications of a “hands off”/monitored approach versus a “hands on”/managed approach.
- Preparing safety protocols.
- Preparing safety training handbooks and facilitating safety workshops.
- Drafting enterprise agreements and providing representation during bargaining.
- Preparing industrial relations and employment relations management plans.
- Advising on union right of entry laws.
- Providing strategic advice on the operations of the federal government’s industrial reforms to local government clients.